COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WING
Tamil Nadu Slum Clearance Board initially to provide dwellings constructed houses with basic amenities and then moved on to transformation of the lives of the slum dwellers.Community based humane approach for development is in built. The programmes aim at holistic approach to housing and rehabilitation. The Community Development Wing comprising of Social Workers and Sociologists coordinate with the Engineering, Planning and Revenue aspects. It plays a vital role to liaison the Board and the beneficiaries. The policies and programmes formulated by the Board are brought to reality to the slum dwellers .The existence was in 1978, through the initiative of the then Madras Metropolitan Development Authority to ensure community participation in the Slum Improvement Programme funded by the World Bank.
- EMPLOYMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME
- INSITU SKILL TRAINING UNDER PART II SCHEME (2012-2013)
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT – XII & XIII FINANCE COMMISSION
- JOB MELAS FOR RESETTLEMENT & REHABILITION SCHEMES.
- ENUMERATION AND VERIFICATION OF SLUM FAMILIES / ENCROACHMENTS UNDER JNNURM
- RESETTLEMENT AND REHABILITATION SCHEME (R&R Scheme)
- INCOME RESTORATION PROGRAMME”CHENNAI METRO RAIL PROJECT
- LIVELIHOOD SUPPORT PROGRAMME – TSUNAMI EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE PROJECT (TEAP)Period
- ” COMMUNITY BASED MANAGEMENT OF HYGIENE PROMOTION ACTIVITIES IN TENEMENTAL SCHEMES” – CORPORATION OF CHENNAI
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES AT RK NAGAR CONSTITUENCY,NORTH CHENNAI In PROGRESS
- SKILL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING